Sunday, March 27, 2011

Fantasy: Divide & Conquer; Book Three of the Mistress of the Beasts Saga, by R. L. Geerdes

Divide & Conquer is the third book in the Mistress of the Beasts saga by R. L. Geerdes. In the land of Arconia there is much unrest as disease plagues certain species, political murder threatens the throne of more than one monarch, and a general evil is spreading across the land. Castin, a master druid, along with his beloved Katrina, the Beast Mistress, must figure out a way to heal the land and stop the evil.


This book was full of wizards, elves, and other mystical creatures. There were romances and mysteries abound. It was a good tale in a fairly well developed land. What would have made the book better is if I had read the first two books in the series. I feel that there was too much back story that needed to be established for me before reading this book.

In and of itself, this book was a good read. I liked the characters, the storyline was interesting, and the places were visual. I did feel, however, that the use of "baby" and "honey" were not in keeping with the overall feel of the book. But...that's just my opinion. I am looking forward to reading more about Adonis. (You have to read the book to learn who he is!)

On a scale of 1-4, I give this book a 3. I might change this to a 3.5 or 4 after reading the first two books in the series, but as a stand alone, I'll stick with 3.

This book was published by Outskirts Press.
ISBN: 978-1-4327-5810-3

Thank you to R.L. Geerdes for the gift of this book.

0 comments: