Thursday, October 14, 2010

Children's Fiction: Mrs. Pinkelmeyer and Moopus McGlinden Burn the Rrrrump Rrrroast, by Jennifer Kelman

Mrs. Pinkelmeyer and Moopus McGlinden Burn the Rrrrump Rrrroast is a children's book written by Jennifer Kelman, and illustrated by Michael Swaim. In this story, what I'm led to believe is the first in many adventures, Mrs. Pinkelmeyer gets a phone call from a stranger which leads her to telling tales of her dog Moopus and completely forgetting about her rrrump rrroast in the oven.

This story was a fun read. My girls got a kick out of the rolling R's in "rump roast", as well as to the mishaps and adventures of Mrs. Pinkelmeyer and her dog, Moopus. There were a couple of awkward transitions and some mechanical errors, but the story, overall, was well done.


On a scale of 1-4, I give this book a 3. My girls loved the characters and I enjoyed trying to sport an English accent whilst wildly rolling my R's.

This book was published by Dog Ear Publishing
ISBN: 978-160844-612-4

Thank you to Jennifer Kelman for the gift of her book.

0 comments: