Sunday, September 12, 2010

Romance: Back in Black, by Lori Foster

Back in Black, by Lori Foster is a romance novel about Drew Black, the president of an MMA (Mixed Martial Arts) organization, and Gillian Noode, the publicist hired to "clean up" his act. In a side story, fighter Brett Bullman gets entangled with Audrey Porter, founder of WAVS (Women Against Violent Sports). Both couples find themselves caught in the twisted plans of a psychopath who is trying to ruin their lives.

As with most romance novels, this was an easy read. The story lines flowed nicely, and the transitions were fairly smooth. The sex scenes weren't overly drawn out, and were mostly believable. There was a nice, not too obvious twist to the plot, which was refreshing. I also found the main characters to be fairly dynamic.

I found some awkward moments in the book when the characters' realizations about each other just didn't fit. The "I love you's" seemed rushed and tacked into the end story, and I feel the ending itself could have been a little stronger.

Overall, I really liked this book. On a scale of 1-4, I give this book a 3. The sex scenes weren't raunchy or too sensationalized, and the characters were fairly dynamic.

This book was published by Berkley Books, a division of Penguin Group.
ISBN: 978-0-425-23298-9

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

What Lori Foster said on her Facebook fan page of my review: Lori Foster @Angela Kay - thank YOU for doing such a great review. It was thorough without giving anything away. Very professional. That's why I shared it. :-D