Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Children's Fiction: Princess and Missy's Magical Adventures: The Crystal Heart by Michelle Nicole Martin

Princess and Missy's Magical Adventures is a series of children's books written by Michelle Nicole Martin and illustrated by Richa Kinra. In the first book, The Crystal Heart, we meet Princess the dog and her family. Princess wanders away from her family home and returns to find her family missing. In her quest to find her family, Princess meets and helps many people, sometimes with the help of a fairy named Missy. Together, they try to fight the evil done by Jaith the Joy Stealer. Although Princess does not find her family, she does make new friends with whom she stays.


My daughter and I read this book separately. From my standpoint, I liked the story concepts, but feel that the writing needed to be a little more developed. There were also a couple of places where some grown-up ideas, such as foreclosure, seemed out of flow with the general idea of the book. My daughter, however, liked the characters and storyline. She was a little disappointed in the way the story resolved itself, but said she looks forward to the next book so she can find out what happens to Princess.


On a scale of 1-4, based on my thoughts and those of my daughter, I give this book a 2. We both liked the book, but agreed there were some things missing.

This book was published by Outskirts Press, Inc.
ISBN: 978-1-4327-4954-5


Thank you to Michelle Nicole Martin for the gift of this book.

0 comments: