Sunday, August 1, 2010

Mystery: It's All Fun and Games Until Somebody Gets Murdered by Scott Hendricks

In the story It's All Fun and Games Until Somebody Gets Murdered, Lori and Carla are long time friends and roommates who share almost everything. They rekindle a friendship with a high school classmate, plan an anniversary party for Carla's parents, fall in love with each other, and find themselves in a twisted murder mystery that leaves them at the center of suspicion. But could they really be the next targets?


This story was an easy read due to the fast pace and easy prose. When new characters were introduced, the transition to their back story was smooth and made it easy to get to know them. Just when I thought I knew who the killer was, BAM!, I was wrong! The sex scenes, though semi graphic, are few so as not to overwhelm the book or reader. However, some people may be put off by the lesbian/bi-sexual relationships contained in the story.


My only real disappointment in the book was with the unnatural flow of the dialogue. The conversations seemed disconnected or choppy. I feel that this greatly took away from the story itself.


On a scale of 1-4, I give this book a 2. I liked the story, but feel that the verbal exchange between the characters needed better development.


This book was self published through Lulu.com

0 comments: